Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What if.....

.....my greatest disappointments,
or the aching of this life,
is the revealing of a greater thirst
this world can't satisfy.....
and what if trials of this life,
the rain, the storms, the hardest nights,
are Your mercies in disguise.

*****

This is the end of the song "Blessings" by Laura Story.  This is my heart right now.....so tender, so raw, knowing that through it all God sees and knows my heart.  He sees me..... He knows me....and He is tender toward me and He loves me. 

I have been thinking a lot about my relationship with my Heavenly Father and how I want to grow closer to Him with each passing breath.  And when I think about this, He reveals in me more and more about what it means to do just that.  Time.  Precious time, spent with Him.  I long for it.....desire it.....need it more than anything in my life right now, and I am SO thankful for the drawing of His Spirit that lives in me, drawing me to go deeper in Him.  I am ready.  Move in me Father.  Teach me.  Show me.

.....So what does the song have to do with this?  Well, that last part of the song, speaks to me in a deep place everytime.  In fact, sometimes, I just play that part over and over.  God is speaking.  And the part that really gets me?....  "....the aching of this life, is reavealing a greater thirst this world can't satisfy....."

This longing, this thirst, this hunger.....can only be filled by my Abba.  No one or nothing else can fill the space that only He can fill.  That longing that He gives each of us to Know Him.....really, deeply Know Him.  So I am climbing onto His lap, and breathing deeply into the One who loves me the most. 

Last night my Mr. Winslow read to me some articles that our Pastor had been Tweeting about and part of that were questions why people don't succeed in the ministry.  It made my heart so sad, because I've seen it over and over in other's lives and even in my own.  It gave me a deeper desire to succeed in ALL that He calls me to do in this life.  Time is precious.  So precious.  And so limited.  So we must make the most of EVERY opportunity.  (Ephesians 5:15-16)

So I am embracing all that God has created me to be in Him and I am moving forward. 

And in case you haven't heard this song, or would like to hear it again =)  .....





I love you so ~~ thank you for reading, commenting and loving us the way you do ~~ have a Blessed day ~~

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful friend...

    I adore that song as well... the words are so powerful & true.

    It makes my heart ache to think that God DOES know me so well... that he could see the failure that I am & STILL love me... How Holy is He?

    off to listen again to the song & worship our wonderful Father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE that song, it makes my heart rest and ache all at once. Well said friend, well said...Praying for you and some other sweet Moms I know whose babies are starting college this week! Hope you can press into the Lord through this new journey and discover new depths of Joy in Him! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete