Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 27 ~~ Days of Thankfulness ~~

My word for this year has been.....


When 2011 started, I didn't have a word.
To be honest, didn't even really know about it.
And then I started seeing people on other blogs talking about their word.

So in about March, God really impressed on my heart the word for me for the year,
and it has been steadfast.

I have learned a lot about being steadfast this year.
I have learned what it is to be immovable in the Word and the things of God,
even when difficult things have come up.....
even when others haven't understood.....
even when I've needed time.....
God knew I would need to understand what it is to be steadfast.
Immovable.
In Him.

"My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast.
I will sing and make melody."
Psalm 57:7

As I started moving through the year with this word being on my heart,
another word started making its way into my heart to go with it.
Grateful.
Being steadfast makes you grateful.
Being steadfast helps you to remember to be grateful for that which God has given you.....
to be grateful for all God is.....
steadfast has been the perfect word for me this year.

And so lately I have been thinking about what my word will be for 2012,
and God has already given it to me as well.

I will be posting about it, much closer to 2012,
but oh the word He has chosen for me.....

I love you so ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment