Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Every Morning.....

HAPPY Happy new year!!!!

I hope your holidays were lovely and Blessed with the light of our Savior Jesus Christ.

God did something unique for me today, well actually today and Friday. The same special wonderful kind of uniqueness. I love it when God does this.

On Friday, I woke up with a verse on my heart. I knew it was in Proverbs, but wasn't sure where. So a few minutes after I woke up, I turned on my iPad and thought I'd check FB, and there it was, as a verse of the day: Proverbs 4:23, so I decided right then and there that it was to be my first verse in 2012.

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life."

And then this evening, I was pouring over my notes I took at church this morning and writing in my prayer journal for 2012, and doing a little web surfing. And as I was surfing I went to a blog and she references a verse that our Pastor's son quoted during prayer this morning.

Lamentations 3:22-23
"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness."

As I meditated on those words of Grace it struck me deep that that is how I am to approach this New Year. Understanding that His mercies are new every single morning. So no matter what I am facing that day, I am doing to with a new dose of mercy, how cool is that?
And then the verse goes on to say that God's faithfulness is GREAT!! So not only do we get new mercies every single day from the LORD, we are also reminded that Great is His faithfulness.

So I don't know what you are facing today, but remember you had a fresh dose of mercy to face it with. And ALWAYS remember that His faithfulness toward you is GREAT!!!!

I love you so and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment