Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Focus ~~ Is this really happening?!!! WHAT?!!?!!!!!!!

About a month ago,
I got a call from a friend of mine
and she wanted to know
if I knew how to get
a hold of the girl
who wrote,
played and sang
the song 
at my Senior Graduation.
29 Years Ago.....
ahem.....

That girl?
It was ME!
What?!!
She remembered that?
Yep, and she could even sing me a line.
WHAT?!!

You see I graduated with her now husband.
They were not together then,
and in fact,
she was only like in the 9th grade
when we graduated.
How did she remember that?

Well, her daughter is graduating this year,
and guess what?
She is wanted to use that song for the DVD 
she is doing.
She is putting pictures on the DVD
and running the music in the background.
How cool is that?

Well, I told her I would dig it out.
I hadn't played or sang it since high school.

I dug it out,
at the bottom of my piano bench.
Said a prayer,
because I had no clue how it even went,
and as I was walking to the piano,
it all came back to me.
What?!!

Well another problem arose,
I can't sing right now.
Since my surgery,
my singing voice is so different,
so I suggested a lady that I play piano for.
She is the lead singer of a ladies gospel ensemble,
and my friend couldn't believe I was suggesting her.
She sang at her wedding!
WHAT??!!!

Well now,
God be ALL over this!!!

So guess what?!!
On Sunday,
we record!
WOOT!!!

I am SO very excited!!  

God is SO good!!!
This song meant so very much to me,
back in the day.
The whole situation surrounding 
my class asking me 
(Miss very unpopular and homely girl)
to sing and play it
was 
AMAZING!!

My friend that is singing the song for me,
asked me how I even did that at graduation?
I told her I had NO idea!!!
There were like 500 people there,
and little ol shy, backward,
homely.....
did I say HOMELY.....?
me at the piano.
A teeny, tiny fish,
in a GREAT BIG earth sized sea.....
Yep, no clue!!!
Other than GOD was with me then,
and He is with me now,
and this entire situation has fueled my desire
to continue writing.

I'M SO EXCITED Y'ALL!!!!!
DON'T PEEL ME OFF THE CEILING YET!!
THERE'S RECORDING STILL TO DO!!!!!

Love Y'all ~~ Have a Blessed and Beautiful Weekend ~~

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word... isnt that funny how that's all working out together?

    God is bringing you all together for a cool reason, isnt He? :)

    If you can, post the recording - I'd LOVE to hear it!!!

    ReplyDelete