Monday, October 28, 2013

For at the Proper Time Kind of Faith

Galatians 6:9

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

So can I be transparent?

Real?

If I were to be completely honest I would have to say that sometimes I grow a bit weary.  I know.  Pitiful human flesh.

You see, I have a certain situation in my life that I would love to see victory gained for this dear one.  I would LOVE to see them overcome with the love of Jesus and it so transform their lives that they would know this joy that is just sometimes uncontainable.   They see it on my face.  They experience it in my voice when I talk about Jesus, and yes I do talk about Jesus with them.  It is important.  I don't know who else will.  I must.  He is Who I am.  

But you see, in their eyes religion has let them down.  It always will at some point you know.  BUT JESUS WON'T.  No playin'.  He won't.  Ever.  I want with all that is within me for them to experience the Love of Christ at a level that leaves them stunned.  Changed.  Agaped.  

When all of this started years ago, I used to pray that God would change them.  And then clearly, concisely, heart-breakingly God spoke to me through His Spirit and said, "You are the one that needs to change."  I was stunned.  Ashamed.  Broken.  Changed.

That selfish, pitiful, worried about herself girl, started changing.  I started seeing my loved one as Jesus sees me.  It is life changing.  We are NOT our sin.  HALLELUJAH!!!  No matter how bad.  We are NOT it.  We are made in the likeness of God.  Created in His image.  Yes sin has touched us.  Left its heinous mark, but it does NOT have to define us.  Today. Tomorrow. Ever.  

What defines me?  Jesus.  It is the only safe place to be defined.  Known.  In Him.  

So I press on and in to Jesus.  I keep praying and believing.  I am determined to see this thing through.  He who began the good work will complete it.  I believe it for me and my loved one.  Always.

So I will NOT grow weary in doing good.  I WILL have "for at the proper time" faith.  And I WILL reap a harvest and see my loved one come back to Christ, because I will NOT give up.  

Ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment