Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Appetite




A few weeks ago I started trying to
really revamp my diet. 
I used to be so careful about what
I ate, but lately I had gotten lax.
So I knew I needed to kick it up a notch 
and get back to my healthy eating ways.

As I thought about this,
the LORD laid on my heart the word
appetite.  
And so this started
a conversation with the Father
about my appetite.
I started praying to have
an insatiable thirst for Him.
That the whole of my life would
cry out to the living God.

Then about two weeks later,
with this ongoing conversation
still going on in my heart,
Pastor announces that we would
be doing the Daniel Fast starting August 10th.
It is NO coincidence.

I needed to get my diet back in check,
and I needed to be very careful about what
I was having an appetite for.
We can have a great big ole appetite for
food, because I mean seriously,
there are just some foods that taste
really good,
but are NOT really good for us.

So as sugar was taking the cake in my diet =)
I had to really do a check on my
Spiritual appetite.
Am I hungering and thirsting for the things of God
MORE than for the fleeting things, even
food of this world?
I have pondered this question.
And my conclusion?

I want to live and breathe
Psalm 84:2
"My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; 


my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."

In Christ alone ~~ dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment