Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Faith of our Fathers.....and Us









On Monday evenings,
a beautiful group of ladies and myself 
meet for Bible Study.
They are the absolute real.deal.
They LOVE Jesus and want to 
draw closer to Him.

Last night, we studied the life of Abraham.
His faith astounds and amazes me.
Always has.
God told him to go and Scripture tells us simply,
"He went."
He didn't know where he was going,
he just saddled up the donkey,
got the peeps and went.

He was led by God,
and trusted Him.
At one point this leading lead him up 
Mount Moriah with son and knife in hand.
God was going to ask him to slay his son,
the promised son.
Abraham places him on the altar,
bounds him
and with knife in hand,
lifts his hands to do the unthinkable,
and then....
oh but God,
stopped him!
And when He stopped him,
He said,
"Abraham!  Abraham!"
Genesis 22:11b (NLT)
To which Abraham replies,
"Here I am!"  

He could have said a lot of things,
pleaded with the Father,
but he is obedient,
and then in this moment God (through an angel) 
 tells him not to slay his son Isaac.

Abraham was a man of amazing faith.
He believed God and it was accredited to him as righteousness.

Faith is believing when you can't see,
but you know God said it so you are going to hold
on to that Truth regardless of what the circumstances say.
Where are you with that?
Does that find you in an uncomfortable place?
Or in a place of peace?


For me, I have a situation in my life
right now, that God has told me something about,
but has yet to come to fruition,
so I wait.
And believe Him.
And have faith
and know that His timing is best.
So I wait.
Not wringing my hands.
Not crying in tears everyday and a mess (like I used to),
no I wait in peace,
with expectation,
knowing God is who He says He is,
and will do what He says He will do.
He is the Redeemer.

In Christ Alone ~~ dawn



No comments:

Post a Comment